The group

The group

The outside of the shopping center by our bungalow

The outside of the shopping center by our bungalow

The sand dunes

The sand dunes

The Bungalows

The Bungalows

San Sebastian

San Sebastian

Saturday, February 6, 2010

1st few days

The first few days in Madrid have been pretty fun. We had orientation on Friday and Im pretty sure I got placed in all the remedial spanish classes cause im not very good yet. Im looking forward to school so i can get better quick. I have been having a little difficulty conversing with my host mom cause they speak so quickly and i dont understand. Our group of students from SDSU went out together last night in SOL and just jumped around to different bars and pubs and i didnt get home till 5am this morning and then slept till 3:30 in the afternoon. Kind of feel a little lazy, but am trying to get used to the lifestyle here cause everything seems to start later. When i woke up today at 3:30 there was a few plates covered in the kitchen, I thought it was lunch, but after I ate it my host mom came and and told me that i eat dinner early. I had no clue it was dinner and people dont eat dinner here till 9 or 10 so i was on my own for my real dinner. My host mom went out tonight and i stayed in... i feel like i should be out too. I stayed in tonight because tomorrow we are going to some big market in Madrid, I forget the name, but its supposed to be huge. Tomorrow is the superbowl and kick off here I guess is not until 12:30am on monday morning unless we can find somewhere playing it earlier, so if i go out to the pub to watch it i wont be home until 5am and have class at 10 monday morning. It will be a fun first day at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment