The group

The group

The outside of the shopping center by our bungalow

The outside of the shopping center by our bungalow

The sand dunes

The sand dunes

The Bungalows

The Bungalows

San Sebastian

San Sebastian

Thursday, February 11, 2010

1st Week Of School

The first day wasnt as bad as I thought it would after the super bowl. Week one of school is over and so far it has been pretty easy as far as reviewing what i have already learned in previous Spanish classes. Our classes are in all Spanish... no English at all. The teachers hardly speak any English and dont really understand us when we talk in English, so we have to try to explain everything in the Spanish that we know... to say the least its difficult, but i am understanding most of what they say. As far as the home-stay and my host family, I am not super happy. The lady and her son dont every really like to talk and dont seem to want to open up to try to get to know me. The son comes home and locks himself in his room everyday and will say hello and goodbye, but thats it. The lady works from like 9-6 and doesnt show up at home till like 8... I have had a few conversations with her for about the 10min it takes to eat. I tried to tell her last night that I want to talk to her and her son more and she pretty much told me she doesnt have the time to because she works all day and then is tired. Anyways I am moving families sometime this weekend, so hopefully my new family will be around more and will want to actually to talk and get to know me. Tonight we are going to meet up with some Spanish kids to practice speaking spanish at a bar and then going to some flamenco or salsa dance place. Saturday we are all going to Segovia and I am looking forward to that. This week I have booked 2 weekend trips, 1 to Morocco and the other to the Grand Canary Islands. I am looking very forward to those trips. Other than that we are still trying to figure out our spring break, and are thinking about trying to rent a car in Italy and drive all over Italy. Not sure about that one yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment